1. Interstitial Ads on Websites
Interstitial ads on websites are large, full-screen ads that cover the entire webpage on desktop or fill the screen on mobile devices. They are triggered to be displayed at natural transition points, such as navigating between pages when users click on a link to a new page on your website.
Netlink can help you optimize your website by placing interstitial ads from Ad Exchange. We have found that you can balance revenue performance with user experience by limiting ads to one per user per hour while ensuring a high CPM per impression. These ads are similar to the “Interstitial ads” available in AdSense, appearing between page views rather than on destination pages. This format works best when combined with Open Bidding.
Benefits of Interstitial Ads
- Directly impact users for increased interaction
- High CPM rates on both mobile and desktop
- Limited by default to one ad per user per hour, preserving user experience
- Adheres to Better Ads Standards
- High viewability
- Exit option provided for users to navigate away from the ad. For video ads, a 5-second delay may apply.
2. Rewarded Video Ads
Rewarded video ads allow publishers to incentivize user interaction with the ad or perform a specific action. For instance, users may receive rewards for accessing an article or adding in-game currency in exchange for watching a video ad. With rewarded video ads, publishers can specify rewards for consenting users and determine which rewards are used for each ad unit.
Rewarded video ads usually follow these steps::
- Users are offered the option to watch an ad for a reward
- Users then choose to participate or not and interact with the ad
- After viewing the ad, users receive the reward
- Users utilize the reward and can continue using the app
Rewarded video ads are an exclusive ad format and need to be activated specifically by Google for distribution.
Benefits of Rewarded Video Ads
- Create a more positive experience, allowing users to continue playing, leveling up, or obtaining premium items
- User choice to participate, making the ad non-intrusive
- High viewability and interaction, leading to higher CPMs
3. In-article Video Ads
In-article video ads display within paragraphs on a webpage. When a user scrolls into view of the in-article video ad unit, the ad will play automatically but muted until the user chooses to engage with the sound.
These ads will auto-play when 50% of the ad unit is in view for the user. One view is counted when the initial frame of the video is displayed, but users need to opt in for sound. After the video ad ends, the final frame will still be displayed, presenting a call to action to the user, such as “Learn More,” linking to the advertiser’s destination page.
In-article video ads are supported for fixed image display ad positions on desktop, mobile web, and apps.
Benefits of In-article Video Ads?
- Higher user interaction and higher CPMs
- Allows publishers to benefit from high video CPMs without producing and publishing video content
- User-initiated engagement maintains ad non-intrusiveness
- Original format enhances user experience as users may not realize they are interacting with an ad
- Auto-played videos tend to generate higher interaction rates, 5% to 6%, compared to non-auto-play video ads
4. Adhesion Ads
Adhesion ads are ad units that “stick” to the bottom of the browser window as users scroll through a webpage. These ad units have high viewability potential, as they track user movement around your website, making these impressions more valuable to advertisers.
These ads can be placed horizontally or vertically in the sidebar of a page.
Benefits of Adhesion Ads:
- Default adhesion ads provide high viewability
- Offers more screen space to users, increasing interaction potential for advertisers
- Advertisers are willing to pay more due to the increased value of these impressions
- Users are given the option to dismiss the ad, preserving their experience
- Adhesion ads improve the overall domain viewability score over time, leading to sustained long-term revenue growth
- Ad sizes can be customized for mobile positions
- Can target specific user groups using “header bidding” as well as Ad Exchange for revenue optimization
5. Contextual Video Ads
Contextual video ads achieve the highest CPMs, provided that the video content is engaging. Outstream videos lack this requirement but tend to be less engaging, resulting in lower bid values. Contextual video ads address this by seamlessly integrating video ads with content relevant to the page. This results in more engaging ads and higher interaction rates outside of the video stream, all without the need for costly video production.
With third-party cookies on their way out, contextual video ads are an excellent choice for those seeking strong monetization solutions that rely less on user data. Artificial intelligence examines contextual factors such as website theme, specific brand, user device, and location before proposing a video.
Benefits of Contextual Video Ads
- Original format and contextual targeting make the ad relevant without being invasive
- Highly engaging, benefiting advertisers
- Requires higher CPMs for videos, leading to higher publisher revenue
Currently, all these ad formats are supported by Netlink, and we offer tailored advice based on your website or app’s specific needs and conditions. Contact us now for the best support.